SUMMARY OF ASSOCIATION MEETING
BIRCH LANE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTA
OCTOBER 6, 2021
- Michele Salisbury has been appointed as our Fundraising Chair, and has already been working on several restaurant fundraisers and is getting started on the auction.
- Melissa Dabel and Cara Baker have been organizing our Harvest Week.
- Rehaf Efarra coordinated snacks for the teachers’ staff meeting, as the coordinator of the Hospitality committee.
- Other committee coordinators: Neal Hibbard (BRAVO), Wendy Killou (banking), Tim Chorey and Katy Vigil (garden),
REPORTS – Committee reports were given for Garden, Banking, Harvest Week, and Hospitality.
A garden coordinator, Erin Scott, has been hired and will be starting with our gardening program soon.
PLANNING ITEMS – Discussion on:
- Volunteers needed for several committee coordinators:
- Volunteer coordinator
- Classroom parent coordinator
- Communications coordinator
- Spring Carnival coordinator
- Two more auction co-chairs to work with Michele Salisbury (one from Montessori and one from Neighborhood programs).
- Parent classroom reps.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPCOMING DATES:
- Oct. 19 – Dos Coyotes Fundraiser
- Oct. 19/21 – Bike Registration with Davis PD on campus
- Oct. 21- Picture Day
- Oct. 23 – Fall Campus Cleanup Volunteer Event
- Oct. 25-29 Fall Festival Activities (Scarecrow drop-off 10/24)
- Nov. 3 – PTA General Meeting
- Online store for Birch Lane apparel will be open from Oct.8-24.