While the Birch Lane PTA does not have its own mission statement, we follow the mission, purpose, and goals of our parent organization, the California PTA. We are soliciting the opinions of our members and our school community to create our own mission, purpose, and goals.
My goals are to continue expanding the enrichment and safety programs that make Birch Lane one great place to learn, by expanding participation in our organization through events that build our community.
If you are interested in joining a conversation to shape the long term vision of the Birch Lane PTA, please let me know.
Thank you for everything you do to support Birch Lane Elementary.
Pippin Brehler, Birch Lane PTA President 2016-2018
For reference, I copied the mission, purpose, and goal statements from the following website on 8/17/15:
Our Mission: Our mission is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental social, and spiritual education.
- Promote, build and expand parent/family engagement
- Empower and support PTA members and leaders, and:
- Engage, grow and maintain membership
- Offer programs, services and resources that meet the diverse needs of children, families and communities
- Build greater awareness about the role, importance and value of PTA
- Simplify processes and make it easier to participate
- Deliver training and materials in easily accessible formats
- Promote and practice inclusiveness and cultural awareness
- Establish a PTA at every school
- Represent, inform and mobilize members and the public to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children, with a focus on:
- Supporting the needs of vulnerable children
- Adequate funding for every child’s education
- Access to a full curriculum for every child that includes physical education, arts and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Highly effective educators in every classroom
- Standards, assessments and accountability that best serve every child’s needs
- Safe and positive school climate
- Early childhood education
- Healthy lifestyles and access to support services for physical, emotional, social and mental health”