1600 Birch Ln
Davis, CA 95618
Birch Lane General Membership Meeting Agenda
7:00 p.m., April 5, 2017
Birch Lane Elementary Library
Child care will be provided.
Meeting called by President, Pippin Brehler
Board Pippin Brehler-President; Amy Hiss-Treasurer;
Members Stacy Clark-Auditor; Amy George-Parliamentarian; Annette De Bow-Historian; Jim Knight-Principal; Leslie Holeman-Umali-VP, Fundraising
Expected Time Item Members
7:00-7:05 I. Welcome, Introductions, and Gratitude Pippin
Appoint Secretary Pro Tem to take minutes at this meeting
7:05-7:07 II. Review and Approve March Minutes Pippin
7:07-7:09 III. Principal’s Report Jim
- Principal’s discussion of PBIS, Growth Report, etc.
7:09-7:12 IV. Teacher’s Report Teachers
7:12-7:22 V. President and Treasurer’s Report Pippin, Amy H.
- Birch-Chella – come learn how it went, what’s next, how much we raised, and how we’re going to use the money for the school!
- Budget Report
- Mid-Year Audit
7:22-7:25 VI. Committee Chair’s Reports
- Fundraising Leslie
- Used shoes-
- volunteers to distribute flyers at school and around neighborhood
- pick up shoes around neighborhood
7:25 – 7:40 VII. 2017-2018 Officers
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President – Membership
- Vice President – Volunteer Coordinator
- Treasurer or Auditor
7:40-7:50 VII. Old Business
- Carnival and Raffle Need Co-Lead and Helpers
- Amy Hiss and Melissa Brant have stepped up
- Volunteers needed
- to help set up fun games for the kids at the carnival
- help the day of
- selling raffle tickets
- Teachers help recruit parents? We need Principal and teacher help getting the word out
- DIY fun run?
- obstacle course,
- Indoor Movie Fall 2017 Needs Lead and Helpers Amy H.
- Baseball caps and T shirts sales Pippin, Sharmila
7:50 VIII. New Business
- DJUSD Fundraising Leadership Collective Elizabeth, Leslie
- Missoula or other theater – $3400 cost
8:00 IX. Announcements Various
- Garden Coordinator Update Jenn Rogge
- Davis Parent University Engagement Night
- Helping Our Children Thrive
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 6-8 p.m., Harper Junior High
- Light buffet and child care provided
- Bike Rodeo April 12, 2017, 1:15 – 2:45, Birch Lane blacktop
- Sign up to volunteer or to participate
- PTA Convention-April 28-30th –Anyone
interested in representing?
- Volunteer opportunities are on the webpage, with a Sign Up Genius!
- Big Day of Giving, May 4, 2017
- 5th-Grade Parents – volunteer for 6th-grade matriculation
- Next month:
8:00 XI. Adjournment Pippin
Next Meeting Date, Time, Location: May 3, 2017, 7:00-8:00 pm, BLE Library
Minutes taken: Date: April 5, 2017